T-shirts are more than just a piece of clothing, over the course of time they have transformed to a means of self-expression.
It is not uncommon to see various messages inscribed on T-shirts. People now see this very comfortable wear as a board for sharing social messages, hobbies, passions, interests, slogans, creative designs they may find difficult to say out loud.
Hence, your desire to start a shirt business is a smart move. But have you figured out custom shirt tags for shirt products?
A poof that the t-shirt business can make you a multimillionaire can be summed up from the Jacobs brothers road-trip epiphany which birthed Life is Good T-shirts, a $100 million business.
In this article I will guide you through how you can start a profitable shirt business from anywhere in the world.
- What’s your plan? The basic ingredient you need to get started is a solid idea but beside this, you need to put more effort into creating your business plan. You are starting a business not just creating a product, do you remember?
So whilst you are figuring out your designs, you should also pay attention to the branding, and the company identity. To get more ideas on how to come up with high-quality T-shirt prints and designs, you can check heat transfer vinyl chicago.
- Get feedback on your test designs: Again we have to take a cue from The Jones Brothers story prior to their Life is Good Shirt success they struggled with selling their shirts.
You’ll need to expand your original idea and test it in various directions you never can tell which of the designs the public will fall in love with. Hence ask your friends, families, and people from far and near on their opinion before pushing out the designs to the market.
- There may be a wide difference in quality of design on cloth compared to your computer. You may consider consulting the services of an experienced designer to help you navigate this murky water.
- Conduct a market research: have you created a customer avatar? A customer avatar simply means identifying the demographics and psychographics of your ideal buyer. Once you have that ready, conduct market research to determine whether your T-shirts will appeal to your ideal buyer. Do this before investing your money in manufacturing the shirts for sale.
Market research offers you a low risk means of understanding how the market will react to your design.
- Get the law on your side: It is important to register your company. Depending on what you envision for the business you can register as a sole proprietorship, limited liability company or partnership if you have one or more partners.
Carry out a thorough research to ensure you’re not infringing on another company’s copyright or trademark.
- Find a manufacturer: The next thing is to figure out a reliable manufacturer. Consider the physical aspects of your T-shirts, including material, ink, durability, and quality. Compare multiple manufacturers to estimate how much it would cost to produce your T-shirts at various levels of quality. Remember that cost of production can have an adverse effect on profit.